Electronics and Software
Today’s computation power of microcontrollers and systems-on-chip, sensor miniaturization, and advanced communication technologies are enabling fantastic new solutions, e.g. systems connected to the internet, thinking and learning devices and futuristic new forms of man-machine interactions. While some companies may already have clear concepts to lift their products to a higher level of technology, their challenge lies in developing and testing the huge amount of embedded electronics and software to make all of these things work. Other companies still seek certain guidance within a maze of ideas and new technical possibilities. Utthunga can help customers with Industrial, discrete, factory/building automation or process controls applications needing support for software development, model-based system design, and HMI design/testing will find our global team of engineers and consultants ready to help you take full advantage of today’s technologies.
Embedded software is at the heart of all intelligent devices and Software development is a combination of architecture, technology, domain knowledge and process. Utthunga with its rich domain and technical background helps product developers address the ever-increasing demand in this space and our Software Development Team possesses a comprehensive skill set which spans board support packages and OS porting to middleware, embedded application development and compatibility testing (CTS). Utthunga has over the years, built up design and debugging experience, making it possible to shorten the development cycle and increase the reliability of our firmware. We provide customers with optimized software for the chosen platforms and architectures resulting in faster time-to-market maintaining the highest quality of standards from concept to product release.
Utthunga executes turnkey embedded software development projects for new products and provides discrete services for the existing ones. Our embedded product lifecycle services include:
- New product development: Feasibility study, embedded software architecture, modeling, embedded systems design, embedded software programming, software testing, system integration testing, release management, and feature-driven development
- New product adaptation: Re-development and re-engineering of embedded software and systems, latest technology adaptation, custom embedded system software development, performance and reliability improvement, and multiple platform porting services
- Product sustenance: Lifecycle enhancements, defect tracking and fixing, feature enhancements, regression testing, and maintenance releases
- Testing and verification: Test plan design, embedded system design, test automation and scripting, compatibility and interoperability, compliance testing, and regression testing.
- Processor expertise: Intel x86, ARM7/9/11, and ARM Cortex-M/A cores from different vendors like Freescale, NXP, ST Microelectronics, Texas Instruments, Analog Devices and Atmel, Microchip PIC, Renesas RX/RC families, AVR and MSP430 architecture.
- Communication Modules expertise: Softing FF/PA, Siemens SPC3/SPC4, Profichip, Hilscher Netx, Wiznet etc.
- Expertise in RTOS: Linux, FreeRTOS, uCOS, QNX, VxWorks, WinCE, Windows NT – RT, RT Kernel, ThreadX, and embOS.
- BSP, device drivers, firmware, diagnostics, bootloaders
- MQTT, HMI, TCP/IP, SNMP, USB, File Systems
- Industrial communication buses like HART, Fieldbus, Profibus, CIP, Ethernet IP, ISA100, Wireless HART and many more.
Modern electronics device design has evolved significantly with ever-shrinking components, growing processing power and high level of integration. And developing such devices is a multi-stage process, To name a few – understanding the requirements, planning the hardware, identifying the right components, capturing it as schematics, developing the PCB, Gerber Generation, PCB fabrication, component assembly and finally board bring up. All these steps have to be done very carefully and with proper planning, missing any of which may cause significant monetary losses, underperformance and more importantly failure in time to market. With the highly equipped multi-disciplinary team and rich partnership ecosystem, Utthunga Technologies is best suited for designing electronics devices of any complexity. Our client base that made use of our embedded hardware design and development services spans across Semiconductor, Consumer Electronics, Communications, Industrial Automation, Power, Smart Cities and others.
With internal capabilities to take care of the activities till Gerber Generation, Signal Integrity analysis, and component procurement, our reliable partners support us in getting the PCB fabricated and components assembled on the PCB. Our closely knit hardware and software team work together to bring up the board and perform a basic validation. Once the major functionality is proven, further firmware development is started.
Our infrastructure includes latest tools and fully ESD protected lab that helps in quick device bring up. Our team can perform rigorous testing on the device to validate them in near-field conditions including with climate controlled chambers. Test jigs and automated scripts are created to test the devices faster and repeatedly. Our EMS ecosystem can even support mass production of devices with complete validation. Our custom circuit design services team have executed many high speed digital and mixed-signal designs over the past years gaining market share in the segment. Some activities that we have done so far specifically:
- Instrumentation like pH meters, ORP meters, electromagnetic flow meters, ultrasonic and magnetic level meters, control valves etc.
- Discrete and Factory controls like PLC, pneumatic valve controllers, positioners, analog and digital IOs etc.
- Industrial HMIs
- Proof of Concepts and Quick Prototyping Designs
- Design and Development of Custom Modules/Boards/SBC’s
We also offer reverse engineering services when the customer needs to continue a product for which the components are no longer available or bring an obsolete product back to the market. Analyzing the original system, the embedded hardware design and development team understand its operation and create a similar system with latest components/architecture.
COMPACT HARDWARE DESIGN SERVICES
With the emergence of IoT segment, small sized form factor development has been the trend. And being powered by small batteries, power optimization, and management in embedded systems is another major factor to be considered. Selecting the right components can help achieve both these constraints and combined with creativity, Utthunga can create better products. We have executed many compact hardware design services and developments including:
- Portable Instrumentation Devices
- Micro IoT Gateways and Dataloggers
- BLE Beacons and Bluetooth Tags
- Asset Tracking RFID devices
Looking from the end-user perspective, we anticipate the challenges that may emerge in the field and take care of them well in advance in our design stage. Our customer’s concerns including costing, identity with the brand, ease of manufacturability, time to market etc are taken as a part of our design process to avoid any last minute surprises. Our component procurement and logistics team work proactively with our design team and local/overseas vendors ensuring quicker turnaround time.
Utthunga offers end-to-end product design services in the embedded domain which helps product developers translate ideas into innovative, feature-rich products that can be brought to market faster. From concept to execution, Utthunga’s embedded product engineering services team can assist with all or any stage of your product development lifecycle regardless of technology, platform, or context.
Being a single source for hardware and software expertise, Utthunga’s Product Engineering Services team has a deep understanding of latest technologies and methodologies, delivering high engineering innovation to our customers through high design compatibility and consistency. The product design services offered by the team include:
- Board Design: UTTHUNGA offers expertise for the concept to board prototyping – including diagnostics, BSP and Driver development. We have completed PCB designs of up to 16 layers, 800 MHz Bus speeds, 3.2 GHz signal traces. We test boards for signal integrity and standards compliance and have achieved the fastest time for developing a quality PCB.
- PCB Layout Services: UTTHUNGA offers PCB Layout Services for in-house Components Engineering Support, in-house PCB CAD design using industry standard CAD packages, we have strategic tie ups for quick turnaround PCB fabrication, PCB assembly & Rework including BGA components.
- Product Re-engineering Services: Product Re-engineering Services: UTTHUNGA’s hardware engineering services team has developed solutions for obsolescence management of hardware products where we help customers manage components obsolescence, cost reduction, technology changes, and feature enhancements. We can also re-engineer your product to improve the manufacturing process.
- Independent Verification and Validation: UTTHUNGA offers full compliance tests for OEM products as per applicable industry standards like IEC, EN, CISPR, FCC, ASTM or other customers’ specifications.
- Compliance Engineering Services: UTTHUNGA provides complete compliance engineering services for Hardware product companies – for RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) helping these hardware engineering firm meet government directives in time.
These services spearhead product development for a wide variety of devices and applications, which are part of the Internet of Things ecosystem. These include:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Factory Automation
- Home/Building Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Process Control
Utthunga’s expertise for various embedded applications includes:
- Digital Industrial Protocols
- Wireless Expertise
- Reference Designs
- Power Management
- Small form factor designs
- Sensor Integration
- High Speed Digital Designs
- Mixed Signal and RF Designs
- Development Platforms