Battery assembly process involves multiple critical stages and each stage has certain standards must be followed. These standards ensure quality and defect free output of each batteries. There are multiple types of machineries used inside manufacturing factory to control quality standards. At each shift, operator access all these machineries to make record of operating conditions with reference to predefined specification. Operators shall repeat these steps at each shift & stages using papers.
Following difficulties observed when operators make manual process,
- Typographical error while writing data on paper
- Instrumental error when misunderstood the machines and make one instrument readings to other instrument
- Environmental error while misunderstand ongoing process specifications
- Observational error makes wrong entry due to unclear visibility
- Difficulties to compare shift register data into certain time duration s like weeks or months