We continue to see manufacturing plants and industrial OEMs function with disparate systems, data silos and limited computational infrastructure. The power of IT tools and technologies for the most part are still not being used as effectively in the OT world. The good news is that there is an increased emphasis on adoption of such IT technologies, with CLOUD being a major enabler of digital aspirations. A cloud based infrastructure enables highly availability, reliability, tremendous compute power for effective decision-making by all the stakeholders in the value chain, be it plant personnel, system supplier, system integrator, logistics provider, customer, etc.
Why is Cloud Integration Required for Industries?
One of the primary purpose of cloud integration in industries is to synchronize data obtained from various sources for centralized and deeper analysis for performance enhancement and better efficiency of the assets and processes. A typical cloud integration implementation at bare minimum offers the following benefits:
Cloud integration offers huge economies of scale when it comes to leveraging powerful servers, databases, storage, and networking infrastructure. The scalability, flexibility and high availability of secure computing infrastructure through the adoption of pay-as-you-go SaaS model provides an opportunity to streamline business processes and ultimately drive profitability.
Moving the operations applications to the cloud allows businesses to save upfront costs and time spent on setting up their own servers, software and other systems. The entire security, networking, computing, and all software licenses are packaged as part of the SaaS, pay-as-you-go subscription model where organizations can subscribe to the service providers to avail the system capabilities as a service.
New business opportunities
Cloud offers a conducive environment for businesses to adopt the continuously evolving IT tools and technologies. The immense computing power and storage capabilities enables them to gain visibility into the data from various dimensions and ultimately helps in improved decision making.
Variety of applications
A cloud infrastructure lends itself to building applications with No-Code/Low Code capability. The cloud application development can be horizontal or vertical in nature, while at the same time powered for interoperability, scalability, and reliability.
Enhanced data management
Cloud technologies help to integrate and consolidate data from multiple networks and systems. This facilitates centralized data management hence removing data silos while at the same time improving processing and response rates.
Cloud platforms are built to provide a safe environment to store sensitive and confidential data. Using cloud-computing technologies with both built-in tools and integrated third-party security solutions ensures data is kept secure and accessible solely on a need-to-know basis.
Cloud Integration Services Provided by Utthunga
The rate at which technology is evolving shapes the business landscape at a very fast pace. We support our customers in cloud application development by providing a full range of consulting, development, migration and integration services, as well as platform expertise and continuous deployment. Industrial OEMs and end-industries can leverage our indigenously developed Javelin IIoT platform. Javelin has been built by a solid technical team and is customizable and scalable meet your specific needs. We also provide simple, secure and reliable edge connectivity solutions through our uConnect Platform.
Why Utthunga for Cloud Integration?
When selecting a cloud integration platform, it is critical for organizations to identify what is required and how to obtain it. At Utthunga, we offer that flexibility for customers to choose from a wide spectrum of cloud integration services to achieve real-time visibility and business intelligence.
- We offer cloud connectivity services based on technologies like MQTT, AMQP, OPC-UA, REST Services etc. to help in integration from the factory floor to the enterprise level
- We have an expert team to provide complete support for Cloud platforms/ Infrastructure such as Azure, AWS, GCP, IBM Watson, GE Predix and others
- Our data handling capabilities include Azure DataLake, Hadoop/Hive, Azure SQL, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Flume and others
The time to move to the Cloud is NOW if you want to keep pace with the competition and improve the efficiency of your industrial process. Contact us for customized cloud integration solutions.
1. Why industries should move their business and operational systems to the Cloud?
The major reasons why industries should move more of their applications and processes to the cloud are:
- An integrated cloud system enables seamless data sharing, which aids informed decision making
- With information accessible from a single source, there is only a single version of the truth, leading to significant system efficiencies
- Reliability, scalability, availability, and also security is enhanced
- The long term TCO is significantly reduced
2. How cloud enables modern industries?
Cloud gives its users a range of features that make doing business much simpler than ever before. The effective, affordable and secure solutions offer seamless connectivity between the on-premise environments and modern cloud-based applications.
- Cloud helps companies effectively manage operations, finance, data analytics, and enterprise resource planning
- Cloud integration helps companies make their supply chains more effective and high performing
- Cloud computing with Internet of Things enable seamless automation of production processes
- Cloud solution integrates all the equipment on the production floor, which reduces the need for more operators on the floor
- It aids business intelligence processes, which helps in research, development, and product design
3. How Cloud Integration can be a game changer for the Industries?
It enables companies to quickly scale up and leverage digital solutions to enhance their business and production processes which allows companies to implement innovative projects without worrying about spending a lot on setting up on-premises systems. Industries can also use data more effectively to drive more innovative research and identify ways to enhance customer satisfaction.
4. How Cloud Integration Will Drive Industrial Growth?
With CLOUD, data is no longer in silos but in a centralized cloud database. This enables consolidation of data from disparate devices/systems for a holistic analysis. The insights obtained can help in traceability, streamlining processes, improve performance and productivity, save time spent on reporting, ensuring compliance. It frees up the managers, allowing them to focus on adding value to the business process, which in turn drives growth of the company.