An embedded device is a stand-alone system that is built with an embedded firmware application. Technically, firmware is a code snippet stored in a non-volatile storage and this application typically functions as the operating system of the device. Signal processing, address routing, math coprocessing, power and reset sequencing, and timer processing are a few of the functions of an embedded firmware. The real-time embedded firmware is stored in ROM or flash memory chips occupying a low memory footprint.
At Utthunga, our depth of expertise in the domain of embedded engineering is aided by our strong experience and industry knowledge. We have a diverse team of engineers that leverages the use of the latest tech solutions to deliver practical solutions for OEMs and customers. Our embedded development services are based on flexible models and are customized to meet the specific business requirements of our clients.
Why do Industries Need Embedded Application Development Services?
The Industry 4.0 revolution is changing industry sectors and verticals, and the technology advances blurring the lines between hardware and software. Embedded firmware software has now become essential in machines and device development.
One of the major benefits of using embedded software system is that it greatly reduces cost in terms of manual labor. For example, the sensors embedded in the machines on a production line capture vital operational data from the machine. A technician just needs to analyze the data to evaluate the performance of the machine. The data can also help set up a preventive and predictive maintenance program, which can help improve the overall performance. All this helps streamline machine maintenance process and identify issues before they become huge problems that could cause delays in the production.
Another advantage using embedded software solutions is that it will ensure that the system is working smoothly and safely. It also gives you the necessary data that you can use to enhance the efficiency of the process and improve the output, both in terms of quality and productivity.
Embedded Software Development Services provided by Utthunga
Utthunga provides embedded firmware engineering services from concept to deployment helping our customers reduce cost, increase functionality and accelerate time-to-market. We execute turnkey embedded firmware development projects for new products and provide discrete services for the existing ones. Our embedded firmware team expertise in providing end-to-end support for firmware development that starts out with identifying the product specifications and ends with testing for quality and environment.
Our varied range of embedded firmware development services include:
- Bespoke firmware development and deployment
- Communication protocol stack development/integration
- Optimizations (performance, power utilization, etc.)
- Boot time optimization
- Device/protocol simulation
- Embedded application development
- Remote access and monitoring solutions for discrete and process industries
- Third party module integration
- File system and memory management porting
- Embedded firmware software development services for manufacturing and production, industrial electronics, food production, and other industries
- Tracking and monitoring solutions for the industries
Apart from the above services, we also offer design and deployment of the firmware solutions for the following requirements:
- BSP, Device Drivers, Middleware & Diagnostics
- GUI/UX: LED, LCD, Touch screen, Annunciator systems
- OS/RTOS: WinCE, Android, Linux, EmbOS, AWS RTOS, FreeRTOS, RTLinux, RTKernel, VxWorks, QNX, and more
- Hardware Platforms: ARM Cortex, Intel X86, TI Sitara / MSP, Freescale iMX, Renasas Synergy, ADSP / Blackfin, Microchip
- Drivers & BSP: Industrial Ethernet, FF HSE, RS232/485, CAN, CIP, TCP/IP, RF/Wireless
- Middleware / Communication: Protocol Stacks, DSP, Connectivity, Storage, Algorithms
Why Utthunga for Firmware Migration and Firmware Development?
With more than 13 years of embedded domain expertise, we are leaders in firmware development services. Our team includes talented and highly professionals with a strong working background in embedded engineering. We offer a wide range of embedded development services, including embedded stack development services, customized to your industry needs and business requirements.
At Utthunga, our engineers are constantly reskilling and upskilling on the latest technological developments in the embedded domain. Our engineers offer the best-fit tech solutions to ensure that the embedded software development services are top notch and our services are backed by state-of-the-art facility and responsive tech support. We have flexible business models to suit the specific requirements and production processes of each industry.
The design & development tools spectrum that we use in our embedded firmware development services are:
- Cross Compilers (Keil, Green Hills, Code Composer Studio, GCC Microchip MPLAB IDE, IAR Embedded Workbench)
A few of our expertise and offerings are in:
- Boot loaders
- Hardware drivers
- System integration
- Embedded verification & validation
- Migration & re-engineering
- Client/server based and N-tier architecture based framework
- Embedding web server / web enabling of devices
- Globalization & localization of embedded applications
- Kernel development / RTOS image
- BSP and device driver development / porting
- Protocol stack porting and interfacing
- Embedded application development
- UX/UI, HMI, thin client development
Every company has varied requirements and faces different challenges. At Utthunga, we understand the unique needs of each business and offer customized embedded application development services. Contact us to know more.
1. Does the firmware need to be updated periodically?
There are cases where it is essential to periodically update the firmware. The reasons for regularly updating the firmware are:
- Better support for the latest versions of the peripherals or hardware
- Performance enhancements
- Access to additional features and functions
- Security and bug fixes
2. What makes embedded systems so widely used?
The 3 major reasons for the development of a wide range of embedded system applications are reliability, performance speed and accuracy. Also, they enable real-time tracking, which helps in continuous monitoring of the machines, production process and quality standards.
3. What are the various industries you serve?
We offer embedded firmware development services and firmware migration services
to companies in various industries such as O&G, manufacturing,
consumer electronics, aerospace, automotive, security and more.