FDT DTM software
Field-device integration suite
The discipline that holds the automation layer together in process and discrete industries is “Integration of Field Devices”. What makes device integration of utmost importance is the necessity of connecting these devices (flowmeters, valves, motors, drives, etc.) to facilitate easier data acquisition for effective configuration, calibration, diagnostics and monitoring –activities performed during commissioning and the device life-cycle.
Before the renaissance of Device Integration Technologies, industries were required to go an extra mile for installation, operation, and version management of the field devices due to difference in the device suppliers. Due to these disparate systems, the entire network architecture in terms of robustness. The inflexibility and fragile nature of these communication links demanded the advent of what today we know as Device Integration Standards, commonly known as FDI and FDT.
FDI Technology which was brought out by the FieldComm Group, solved one of the biggest challenges of device integration, i.e., having to install different drivers for different devices, by launching a standard a device package that is usable by all the devices and tools beginning with standalone PCs to process control and automation systems.
Similarly, FDT Group, which is a non-profit international organization, developed an open-standard for enterprise-wide network and asset integration, revolutionizing the ways to connect automation architectures facilitating seamless transmission of data from sensors to the cloud.
Why FDI and FDT Technologies are Crucial for Modern Industrial Architecture?
FDI and FDT Technologies play a major part in modern industrial network architecture. These technologies are so widely accepted and deployed across various types of automation industries that they are synonymously used for the term ‘Device Integration’. The primary benefits brought out by FDI and FDT DTM Software that put them into the limelight in the domain of process automation are:
The flexibility of integration not only allows scalability, but also helps the industry become more ready for IIoT. It allows the devices to send huge bulks of data to the cloud while also facilitating analytics and visualization.
Utthunga’s FDI/FDT Offerings
Utthunga is one of the pioneers in the field of device integration as it offers a wide range of products in this domain. The outline of these offerings is as below!
Modbus RTU FDI Comm. Server
This server provides support to all the 21 functions of Modbus as well as RS-485 / RS-232. The server drives secure communication and is compliant to communication devices, generic protocols, PSD ModbusRTU_0.2.0, and OPC UA SDK v1.0.2 specifications.
Utthunga’s DTM Development Suite called uDTM SDK enables the development of DTM even with limited knowledge of FDT/DTM technologies. It supports the development of device FDT DTM software platforms, Communication DTMs and Gateway DTMs.
Why Should You Partner with Utthunga?
Utthunga is one of the top choices when it comes to providing the solutions in the domain of field device integration. The reasons that would enlighten about the sheer prominence of Utthunga are:
Skill and Expertise
- Utthunga has over 13 years of experience in industrial automation domain.
- Utthunga has successfully delivered above 300 device integration solutions for clients across various sectors.
- Utthunga has deep expertise in the lesser tapped category FDT 3.0 IIoT SERVER (FITS™).
- Utthunga is a member of the prestigious FieldComm Group India Member Society and a Technology Partner with the FieldComm Group.
- We are an active participant and a contributor to the EDDL, FDI, FDI Tools & Component Specification Working Group.
- Our partner association portfolio contains an array of FCG Seminars and Workshops across countries like Singapore, Europe, and India.
- Utthunga’s expert research and development team has successfully published white papers and IEEE publications on FieldComm Group Technologies.
- Utthunga is an FDT Accredited Testing Centre in India and a FDT/DTM Certification provider.
Utthunga is one of the established names in the device integration industry and partnering with us will be the best decision you would make today!