Utthunga’s uOPC Tunneller is a built on the uOPC Server architecture for reliable and secure real-time data tunnelling across the internet, LAN or WAN when separated by firewalls. This is a combination of an in-built wrapper and a proxy. By leveraging the uOPC Tunneller, it accelerates the OPC Classic-to-Classic connectivity and/or OPC Classic-to-UA communication without the COM/DCOM connectivity concerns involved.
The benefit of a reliable OPC Classic/OPC UA interoperability and cross-network communications is seen even when the client interfaces are firewall protected. This overcome the configuration setup problems seen in the COM/DCOM technologies. Thus allowing seamless OPC data transfer through multiple mediums across geographical locations.
Using the uOPC Tunneller as an alternative to the DCOM to effectively communicate between the Tunneller clients and the server minimizes the time, effort and expense required for connecting and sharing data between different computers. This communication is irrespective of whether they are next to each other, on the same network in the same building, or on the other geographical location.
- Overcomes OPC timeout issues and disconnections caused by DCOM setup
- Eliminates DCOM usage for OPC Classic connectivity & data transfer through firewalls.
- Reduces costs by eliminating rip-and-replace of OPC Classic assets
- Reduces network bandwidth utilization and increases throughput
- Secure, encrypted & authentic communications between OPC Clients & Servers
- Easy troubleshooting through diagnostic tools
- Supported OPC Versions: OPC Classic, OPC DA v1.0, v2.0 and v3.0, OPC AE v1.0, OPC HDA v1.0, OPC UA v1.02
- Protocols Supported: OPC Client drivers for OPC UA, DA, AE & HDA
- Supports single instance for uOPC Tunneller Client (also called as Proxy Server) when it connects to one or more OPC UA Tunneller Server(s)
- Supports dynamic runtime browse of new tags injection in OPC Classic server(s)
- Provides support for tracking status of underlying OPC Server(s)
- Provides support for OPC classic DA v1.0 connectivity in uOPC Tunneller server
- Security is provided via data signing & encryption along with user authentication & authorization
- Target OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows 7 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows 10 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 RS2 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows Server 2012 RS2 (32Bit/64Bit)
uOPC Tunneller Server is built on Utthunga’ s OPC UA Stack which is certified by OPC Foundation. It is guaranteed to interoperate with any OPC compliant application.