Tool Die and Mould (TDM) Management Solution
Tool Die and Mould (TDM) Management Solution
Tool Die and Mould (TDM) Management Solutions
The tool, die and mould making process involves the transformation of raw material into the required shape using external factors like temperature, pressure and other agencies. There is significant emphasis on the quality of the TDM assets being used across all manufacturing industries including automotive, aerospace, defense etc.
This quality mandate leads to resourceful products and innovative technologies that offer cost competitiveness through shorter run times and increased productivity. Monitoring of the TDM assets is the major challenge for the manufacturers to
- Minimize the tool inventory & float
- Monitor & manage the entire asset lifecycle process
- Save on the resharpening, regrinding costs
- Reduce the overall tool cost-per-piece
The accuracy required in the production of precise, fully aligned and repeatable TDMs is high. Various data challenges like low data integrity, unavailability of data, scattered and heterogeneous data (design, QA, operations, movement, maintenance), harsh working conditions of the assets and unavailability of TDM asset IDs are the hurdles to ensure monitoring for plant facilities to operate at optimal production capacity.
Utthunga’s TDM Capabilities
The TDM management solution is built on top of Utthunga’s Javelin IIoT platform. It is a one-stop TDM lifecycle monitoring solution. The solution leverages Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Analytics and Machine Learning. This enables availability prediction, traceability and tracking of the TDM components.
- Highly customizable UI dashboard highlights mandatory parameters like temperature and pressure, along with data parameters related to the assets, vendors, components, TDM lifecycle, machines, production stops etc.
- Consumes input data from the ERP system that is integrated with the inventory management systems and the production process parameters collected from the IoT systems.
- Laser etch scanning on TDMs using QR technologies facilitates the physical tracking and traceability
The differentiating factor for Utthunga’s solution is the ability to capture and calculate the process parameters from the engineering assets / machines using IoT and correlating these with the existing system. By applying various algorithms for analysis, it can calculate the residual or remaining useful life (RUL) of the Tool Die and Mould (TDM) assets.
- Mapping of the laser etchings on TDMs with the respective engineering design documents for tracking and traceability
- End to end automated monitoring, track & trace of the TDM lifecycle
- Online asset availability at location/shelf/compartment level
- Online RUL tracking for every asset
- Inbuilt analysis of the assets RUL and process parameter collected from the IoT interface
- Integrated stakeholder eco-system – TDM manufacturers, regrind, rework, maintenance, vendors and in-house functions
- Map and integrate documents and assets with existing DBMS
- Capture quality reports and link them with production plans
TDM Monitoring is the core business benefit that Utthunga’s Javelin Tool Die and Mould (TDM) Management solution offers. This includes TDM Asset & Location Identification that enhances the overall productivity and availability while reducing the lifecycle costs associated with the TDM industry. You have the flexibility to choose from the on-premise or subscription based cloud solution.
- More informed Production Planning & Control (PPC) and Available to Produce (ATP) of the TDMs based on the track & trace data monitoring feature
- Plan production, monitoring and plant facility utilization based on the availability of TDMs, automation and actionable insights
- Logistics & transport optimization related to storage, retrieval & transport of TDMs
- Enhanced RUL that increase efficiency and reduces downtime
- Quality assurance and validation of TDM assets to reduce wastage
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through effective vendor management & design optimized TDMs
- Proactive monitoring and alert mechanism for significant cost & turnaround time (TAT) improvements
- Build analytics models based on availability of asset life failure and performance data that helps to improve TDM life productivity
- Asset health management to reduce maintenance costs through by effectively plan of regrind schedule
- Helps improve accuracy and efficiency through conversion of manual record keeping to digital processes
- Decision making support with real-time and accurate documentation for all stakeholders involved
- Reliable Open Source Infra – Apache Kafka, Tomcat Apache, Active MQ, Angular,
- Language – Java Script, Node JS
- Database – Mongo DB, PostgreSQL
- Reporting Tool – Jasper
- Machine Learning – TensorFlow
- Operating Systems – Linux, Android, Xamarin
- Deployment – On Premises / Cloud with Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 / 1.3
- Frameworks: MVVC, Spring,
- uOPC – Utthunga’s platform for OPC data connectivity