Industrial engineering services requires extensive knowledge in industrial technologies and engineering sciences along with in-depth knowledge of how industries operate. Innovative product engineering practices turn ideas into viable business products. Modern IT tools and technologies are playing an increasingly important role in industrial products and solutions.
We at Utthunga understand the modern needs of industrial OEMs and industries. We provide holistic software, hardware and firmware development services for the complete industrial value chain, from field devices to enterprise and cloud applications. Put another way, we are your partner for industrial engineering and digital transformation.
Why are product design engineering services required for Industries?
Digitization and digitalization has improved businesses in many ways. Industrial OEMs and industries have leveraged this trend by implementing the best IT technologies in their systems and products. Products (hardware or software) that integrate and interoperate with the heterogeneous systems/devices/assets in their ecosystem are necessary for businesses to remain competitive. This underlines the need for best in class product engineering to integrate innovative technologies.
For over 13 years, industrial clients worldwide have leveraged our premium product engineering and industrial engineering services to give a digital makeover to their existing and new products. We function as an extended product engineering company and an industrial automation solutions provider for our clients while working closely from concept to release. Behind the scenes, we work very sincerely and intelligently to help our customers embrace Industry 4.0.
Product Design Engineering services provided by Utthunga
Do you know product-designing takes up only 5% of the product’s total cost? However, nearly 70% of the total cost of manufacturing a product is determined in the design stage. In the context of product engineering, product design is a strategic activity and influences the manufacturing, flexibility, maintenance, speed of sales strategies, field repair, and many other factors. The choices made during the design stage for the manufacturing of the final product affects the direct cost of manufacture. Any product design changes in the later stages of the product life cycle will affect the overall manufacturing cost.
It is therefore crucial that you choose experts in the product design-engineering field.Our product design and engineering team support you with top-notch product engineering services to meet your and your customer’s needs. Some of our key focus areas are industrial automation & control, power & utilities, and building automation & control. We collaborate in the entire product life cycle of consulting, engineering, manufacturing, DevOps, lifecycle management, including content engineering.
Some of our well-received and highly visible services are:
Production and enterprise applications engineering
Our competencies in industrial protocols and technologies like edge computing, cloud, AI, ML, device and data analytics lays a solid foundation for developing production ready engineering applications.
Digital engineering helps your company stay ahead in this digital era. Our team, with their impeccable knowledge in digital skills in cloud, mobility and analytics, has deep insights into the latest trends and technologies to make your products smart.
Our embedded team has expertise in multi-disciplinary technologies required to provide end-to-end embedded engineering services to your company. We are equally adept in working with sensors (wired, wireless), field devices, edge devices, controllers and other complex hardware systems.
Equipped with a team of certified engineers we provide quality-engineering services to ensure testing is integrated at every step of product development. Our testing services include verification and validation (V&V), security, compliance and certification of your products as per industry standards.
Our cross-disciplinary experts help in designing products that focuses on the security aspects of the industrial system so that they become an integral part of the products operational capabilities. We help design and build security solutions that require custom software development, testing, and integration with other industrial products while satisfying pre-defined functional and user requirements.
Connectivity and data solutions
We provide the best data acquisition, integration, and OPC solutions such that the industrial data gets visibility in a true sense.
Why Utthunga for Industrial Automation?
At Utthunga, we are a group of passionate and skilled professionals who are technically very qualified. We have over a decade and half worth of industry experience. Our experts undergo regular skilling and re-skilling to hone their competencies in new technologies.
We offer an array of product engineering services to OEMs, system integrators and end-users:
- Field data acquisition and integration
- Smart devices development
- Data & protocol simulation
- Field device & controller integration
- Operations management solutions
- Quality management applications
- Handheld and mobile applications
- Cloud, IIoT and analytics
We leverage the following development accelerators to build products and services as per your custom requirement. These accelerators, built over the years, are time and field-tested. In fact, it may not be an understatement to say that these accelerators are the single biggest reason why we are able to provide quality product development services. Our customers have benefitted from the significantly reduced time-to-market because of these accelerators.
- Protocol stacks: The various protocol stacks provided by Utthunga enable robust connectivity solutions between systems and devices in the field layer and enterprise layer.
- DPI Framework: DPI stands for Device Programming Interface. DPI is a rapid application development framework to build simple to complex enterprise applications in quick time. Perfected over the years the DPI framework is the genesis of several products in the market that our OEM customers have released over the last decade. The DPI framework consists of neatly defined technology stacks for various functional roles like data acquisition, visualization, audit, configuration, security, 3rd party integration modules, etc.
- uOPC server/client: Our OPC UA client and server stacks are can be readily used to develop OPC UA based products (native or integrate with other existing applications)
- uConnect: This flexible edge node/gateway middleware captures and integrates data from various field assets and delivers it to the cloud efficiently.
- uSimulate: It is a framework for developing applications for simulation of communication protocols, field devices/control systems, process flow and network traffic. This framework expedites the development of simulators with a set of pluggable software modules like protocol handler, simulation engine, device model etc.
- IIoT Accelerator – Javelin: An accelerator with all the bells and whistles to build a modern and complete IIoT platform for acquiring data for heterogeneous systems, storing, visualizing and analyzing data. With security built ground up, custom applications for various use cases have been built and delivered to customers (OEMs and end industries) worldwide.
- uDTM SDK: A mature and robust DTM development SDK to quickly build DTMs even with limited knowledge on the FDT/DTM standard. It makes DTM development and certification easy and considerably fast because of the certifiable DTM components.
Over the years, we have been associated and partnered with various industry associations like OPC Foundation, FieldComm Group, FDT Group, ODVA, IO-Link, PI, ETG (EtherCAT) and others.
typically involves the following stages:
- Generating ideas
- Analyzing the feasibility of the ideas
- Creating product design, develop it, and checking it for quality
- Creating an experimental prototype
- Factory acceptance of the prototype
- Large scale manufacturing the product
- Maintenance/sustenance/improving the quality of the product
Design thinking is a
strategic process that involves a user-centric and solution-based approach.
Here technology and business models merge to solve complex problems. Since it
keeps the user end at the highest priority and aims at adding value to the whole
system, it has become one of the imperative steps in product engineering.