With industries transforming into data-driven digital enterprises, the demand for IIoT solutions that can meet the customers’ business needs is on the rise. However, it is difficult to develop such customized solutions in a short span of time. Some of the obvious challenges in developing IIoT solutions from scratch are:
This simple to use and intuitive framework includes:
- Time and Budget Constraints: Developing an IIoT application requires time and budget, which most of the companies find difficult to stay within.
- Difficulty in Customizing: The customers’ and organizational requirements tend to be dynamic in today’s time, and developing an IIoT solution specific to one project does not add to the benefits.
- High Ownership Cost: The cost of developing and deploying an IIoT solution goes quite high. However, it is not just about developing the solution, but deployment support too, which requires skills and expertise. Therefore, the total cost of ownership is obvious very high.
Due to the aforementioned challenges, the industries are more and more inclining towards IIoT accelerators that can offer advanced capabilities and can ensure faster development of industrial IoT solutions on top the ready-made framework.
Utthunga’s Smart Enterprise Suite (SE SuiteTM)-IIOT
The SE SuiteTM–IIoT developed by Utthunga that simplifies IIoT implementations by enabling a framework boilerplate. It allows developing customized IIoT solutions and applications without having to code the complex modules. It is a feature-rich platform packed with fully functional and tested modules that are ready to be deployed in an enterprise-wide scale.
The features that help Javelin stand out in the crowded IIoT space are:
- Microservices based Platform: With loosely-coupled microservice components, the services are independent from each other making maintenance, testing, and deployment easy. The microservices communicate with each other using REST APIs. Microservices Actuators and Admin UI are used for monitoring the microservices.
- Rule-based Engine: The Rule-based Engine allows the users to create/customize event triggers and notifications with simple drag-and-drop functionality related to various use-cases.
- Cloud-Agnostic: A cloud-agnostic IIoT accelerator that lets the user deploy your solution on any of the cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, IBM Bluemix, GCP, etc.
- Device Management: Provides an array of device management functions ranging from provisioning, monitoring, configuring, and much more.
- Defined API: Defined APIs allowing easy integration with IoT solutions and applications.
- Data Analytics and Data Interoperability: The data gathered from devices represented in the right format and description enable data analytics and data interoperability.
- Data Visualization: SE SuiteTM–IIoT comes with data visualization functionality that allows the users to get a comprehensive understanding of the operations. Unlike complicated business intelligence tools, its dashboard is user-friendly helping even less skilled IT expert to analyze the data easily.
- Template-based Reports: One of the prime features of SE SuiteTM–IIoT is that it supports multiple report templates that allow the users to get the details in customized formats.
- Role-based Access Control: The role-based access control specifies permissions ensuring users’ read/write accessibility to various spaces. This secures crucial data from getting exposed and tampered.
- Predictive/Preventive Maintenance: SE SuiteTM–IIoT is capable of determine the condition when the devices need maintenance services. Also, the platform can raise various alarms and alerts using AI modeling to take preventive care of the devices at the shop floor.
Architecture of SE SuiteTM–IIoT
What good is an IIoT platform without access to the underlying data. The connectivity of IT and OT networks is enabled by edge nodes. In fact, Utthunga has its own Edge platform stack. Click here to know more about Utthunga’s SE SuiteTM-Edge Stack.
As depicted in the architecture below, the data enters the IIoT platform with the help of various ingestion modes, i.e., OPC-UA, REST, MQTT, and CSV. The data then travels via the Data Stream Engine, i.e., Apache Kafka. Once the data reaches the cache, it can be stored in the Data Stores post conversion of the raw data into appropriate models. The data stores are industry-grade scalable data systems for high volumes of data ingestion that help performing analytics in an efficient manner. The containerized design of SE Suite TM – IIoT allows it to be deployed in Public, Private, or Hybrid cloud or data centers. The SE SuiteTM – IIoT can be deployed on cloud as well as on-premise.
Once any application is run, the Microservices consume the relevant data from the cache using the REST APIs which are then displayed on the dashboard using HTTPS and REST. The REST APIs also allow the data to reach to the top-level CRM, ERP, and BI systems enabling crucial information processing for report generation, visualization, and analytics purposes. Utthunga’s SE Suite TM – IIoT supports server-grade Linux and Windows OS.
Why Utthunga for IIoT Accelerator?
Utthunga is widely known for its digital transformation capabilities among which SE SuiteTM– IIoT is a flagship IIoT Accelerator.
SE SuiteTM – IIoT is the perfect framework for developing robust and agile data-driven IIoT solutions for various business cases. Some of the benefits the users of SE SuiteTM–IIoT will derive are:
- IIoT Solution for Any Business Use Case: Develop scalable Industrial IoT solutions for any business use case using the modularized structure of SE SuiteTM – IIoT speeding up time-to-market.
- Accelerated Development: The development of IIoT applications get 50% faster with its ready-to-use code snippets with least number of errors.
- Smart Analytical Capabilities: Get all your crucial device data displayed on the comprehensive dashboard helping make data-driven business decisions.
- Proactive Device Maintenance: Keep a tab on all the connected edge devices with the help of edge management module.
- Applications Development: SE SuiteTM – IIoT allows developing a wide range of applications like Remote Monitoring System for Machine Builders, Vessel Fuel Management, Smart Utility Meter Management, and several more based on the unique demands of the customers.
Get in-touch with Utthunga to roll out your own IIoT solution in short time! Call or contact us to see a demo of our SE SuiteTM– IIoT, and get a comprehensive understanding of how it can be customized to meet your unique needs.