Modbus is a serial communication protocol originally published by MODICON in 1979 for use with its programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Modbus has become a de facto standard communication protocol and is now a commonly available means of connecting industrial electronic devices.
Utthunga Modbus Simulator is a system independent simulator, which can run in any environment. It is a Modbus master simulator designed primarily to help developers of Modbus slave devices or others that want to test and simulate the Modbus protocol. With the multiple document interface, you can monitor several Modbus slaves and/or data areas at the same time.
Modbus Simulator works for both Modbus TCP and RTU variants and is cross-platform.
- Supports all function codes i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,15,16 (as per requirement we can add function codes easily) of Modbus protocol
- Supports both TCP and RTU variants of Modbus protocol
- Supports coils, discrete inputs, registers, input registers and holding registers
- Supports read and write single and multiple coils
- Supports read and write single and multiple registers
- Supports high performance timer
- This tool is the most reliable as it is developed based on the specifications of MODBUS protocol standards published by MODICON.
- Easily configurable
- Platform independent, can run on Windows, Linux, or Mac OS.
- Small footprint can also be able to run on system with fewer resources.