Modbus continues to be a widely used and very popular protocol in the plant floor. Several industrial assets, be it field devices, control systems, or software systems, support Modbus protocol for data transfer/acquisition. If you build industrial products based on Modbus, you must ensure they are error-free and is in compliance with the Modbus specifications. This is where you need to invest in the best-in-class Modbus simulation tool. Utthunga’s Modbus simulator simulates Modbus RTU and TCP protocols.
Your Modbus products must be tested with a reliable Modbus simulator. Utthunga’s Modbus simulator assesses and alerts if there are any compliance issues.
Modbus Simulator provided by Utthunga
Utthunga’s Modbus Simulator is a system-independent simulator, which can run in any
environment. It is a Modbus slave (device) simulator designed primarily for developers of Modbus master systems (PLCs, control systems, SCADA, etc.). Multiple Modbus devices can be simulated in a single instance of Utthunga’s Modbus simulator.
- Platform independent: Can run on Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
- Supports all function codes i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,15,16 (as per requirement we can add function codes easily) of Modbus protocol
- Supports both TCP and RTU variants of Modbus protocol
- Supports coils, discrete inputs, registers, input registers, and holding registers
- Supports read and write single and multiple coils
- Supports read and write single and multiple registers
- Supports high-performance timer
- This tool is the most reliable as it is developed based on the specifications of MODBUS protocol standards published by MODICON.
- Easily configurable
- A small footprint can also be able to run on a system with fewer resources.
Why Modbus Simulator from Utthunga?
Utthunga’s Modbus simulator can assess a Modbus master for any protocol compliance issues. The simulator can also be easily configured to simulate various data conditions of the registers and coils. OEMs and system integrators can realize some of the following benefits:
- Generate real-field data values or otherwise tough to generate data to test the working of a Modbus master
- The simulator is a cost effective investment for verification of the host systems such as DCS, AMS, Calibrators, Configurators, Diagnostics as well as verifying the Analytical and Advisory Systems
The simulator helps confirm the interoperability among different vendors’ devices and compatibility with an installed base of compatible devices.