GE-GSM Gateway Simulator
Simulate GSM Gateway and GSM protocols with ease
GE Drive System (GEDS) Standard Messages,commonly referred to as the GSM protocol defines message formats for communication between a GE turbine control system and a plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Utthunga’s GE-GSM protocol simulator has a configuration tool where you configure the simulation parameters. The configuration file loaded into the GE-GSM simulator runtime for actual parameter simulation. The simulator simulates the GSM Protocol for Mark IV, Mark V, Mark V LM, Mark VI turbine controllers of GE. The GE-GSM simulator gives you the flexibility to implement GSM Gateway configuration on a Virtual Plant Topology. It can simulate Process Signals and Network Traffic.
GE-GSM Gateway Simulator provided by Utthunga
Utthunga’s GE-GSM Simulation tools simulates GSM Gateway and the GSM protocol version 1-message types for Mark IV, Mark V, Mark V LM, Mark VI, Turbine Controllers. The GSM Gateway Simulator creates a Virtual Plant Topology using the Network Topology defined by the GSM Gateway Configuration tool and simulates the Process Signals and Network Traffic as in the Distributed Network.
GE-GSM Gateway Simulation Tool consists of two components, GSM Configuration Tool and GSM Simulation Tool. These components are built on top of Utthunga’s DPI Core components.
GSM Configuration Tool
- GSM Configuration tool creates a virtual plant topology from the information in the project configuration file depicting the gateway and controllers in a visual format
- User can choose and edit configuration details of each of the gateway and controllers for simulation by updating attributes of process points
- The saved project configuration file is used as the startup configuration for the GSM Simulation tool (runtime)
GSM Simulation Tool (Runtime)
- The runtime loads the project configuration file that was saved by GSM Configuration tool
- User can start/stop simulation, view process signals with values, messages between DCS and the gateway
- Configure port and other network traffic configuration
- Displays errors, logs, and communication trace messages to provide a better understanding of the operations of GSM simulation service.
- Maintain a list of simulated controllers
- Uses a scheduler module to control/schedule periodic data acquisition
- Maintains the list of process signals defined in the GSM configuration tool. It maintains a list of Alarm Data Messages, Digital Input Messages, and Software Event Messages. Whenever there is a formal request from DCS to the gateway simulator for Alarm, Digital Input, and Software Event Messages, the gateway forwards this request message to individual controllers to initiate these processes
- Acts as a server and waits to accept a connection from the DCS to establish communication with simulated gateway and controllers
- Supports the following messages
- Event-driven data
- Periodic data
Why GE-GSM Protocol Simulator from Utthunga?
The GE-GSM simulator is capable of transmitting Alarm Data Messages, Digital Input Messages, and Software Event Messages from DCS to the gateway to individual controllers to initiate their requests as quickly and as accurately as possible. The simulator has been created with the help of SME (subject matter experts of Mark turbines) and Utthunga engineers with in-depth knowledge of the GSM protocol.