Utthunga’s uOPC® Modbus OPC server connects to multiple field level equipment and assets like PLC, DCS, Energy Meter etc. that support the Modbus TCP and Serial protocols. The Modbus OPC server allows easy configuration of Modbus connections and OPC tags to you device network. It enables OPC UA clients to have smooth access to all the field data in near real-time.
Why are Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU OPC Server required for Industries?
Industrie 4.0 means your enterprise or your manufacturing units are dependent on data and information. Diverse type and make of PLCs and other equipment exist on the plant floor. A robust and semantic communication is the key to building a reliable ecosystem of machines and humans. One of the effective ways to integrate Modbus compliant devices to the digital fabric of the manufacturing enterprise is by adopting OPC UA.
Utthunga provides the best Modbus OPC UA servers suited for high-speed communication between devices with the semantic interoperability of OPC UA protocol built on Utthunga’s robust and reliable uOPC® server architecture. The uOPC® Modbus server provides secure and seamless connectivity of Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII based devices to OPC compliant client application like ERP, MES, HMI, SCADA, Mobile, Big Data, Enterprise Asset Management, Analytics Applications and IIoT platforms.
Modbus OPC Server Products provided by Utthunga
The uOPC® Suite for Utthunga’s Modbus OPC server contains an array of Modbus drivers, designed for robust and semantic interoperability. The uOPC® server is built on Utthunga’s reliable OPC UA server architecture, that is easy to integrate with products from various third-party vendors for connectivity, visualization, dashboard and analytics. In the context of Industrie 4.0, it is beneficial for your company as it improves performance, security, connectivity and usability.
Utthunga’s Modbus OPC server also supports the classic OPC DA interface.
Some of the features of the Modbus OPC server that industries can benefit from are:
- Supported OPC Versions: OPC DA v2.0, OPC UA v1.02
- Supports all Modbus function codes to read/write data to the target devices
- Establish reconnection for lost network communication
- Multiplier, Linear and Square Root Linear scaling
- Derived tags at the parameter level and device Level
- Load Balancing to regulate network demand and prevent failures or network glitches
- Provides security through data signing & encryption with authentication & authorization
- Target OS: Windows 7 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows 10 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 RS2 (32Bit/64Bit), Windows Server 2012 RS2 (32Bit/64Bit)
- High Availability, resilience & multiple redundancy options
Why opt for Modbus TCP OPC Server, Modbus RTU & Modbus ASCII from Utthunga?
Utthunga’s uOPC® Modbus server has been built on a scalable architecture verified by our OPC certified professionals, who have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in implementing the OPC UA standard. Utthunga is committed to the continuous improvement of its Modbus OPC server products. We have expertise in all the three variants of Modbus protocol. As an active and contributing member of the OPC Foundation, the product is guaranteed to be in sync with any updates to the OPC UA specification as well as adopt any newly released features.