Communication within the industrial ecosystem is complex. Data generated in the OT world needs to reach the IT world/cloud to perform analytics and draw inferences. However, it is not as seamless with ever-scaling plant architectures. It is quite challenging when one application is required to communicate with multiple independent services or applications in the IT world.
Such multi-level communication challenges create interoperability issues among the assets or applications supporting a diverse set of protocols. They also present significant security threats while the data traverses through the OT layers to the IT world. Addressing these issues is great challenge for the system integrators. Ranging from the high licensing cost of the COTS products, to complying with the latest OPC UA specifications, system integrators struggle to offer sustainable benefits to the end industries.
Althemore, it is difficult to find a reliable, scalable, secure, and interoperable connectivity solution that can be easily customized and integrated to tackle the IT-OT convergence issues.
Utthunga’s uOPC PubSub Bridge
Utthunga’s uOPC PubSub Bridge is a Cloud/Enterprise-ready solution that consolidates access to multiple OT data sources. Also, it ensures secure data passage across the DMZ & Firewalls during OT-IT Integration.
As the name suggests, the uOPC PubSub Bridge includes the Publisher and Subscriber components. As compared to the conventional client-server architecture, it provides highly scalable architecture using a Message Oriented Middleware that supports connecting, sending, and receiving messages between distributed applications with the help of protocols.
The middleware acts as the broker’s-broker, allowing direct messages using MQTT (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) and AMQP (Advanced Message Queuing Protocol). As a benefit, none of the applications need to communicate with each other directly.
- South-side or OT Connectivity
North-side or Enterprise/Cloud Connectivity
- OPC Classic, OPC DA (v1.0, v2.0, v3.0), OPC AE v1.0, OPC HAD v1.0
- OPC UA v1.02
- Modbus TCP
High data availability, and no-loss data transmission through the Store-And-Forward feature.
Data storage facility in the broker until a subscriber application receives it.
5. Easy remote configuration and deployment using REST APIs. Hence, no dependency on the product UI to modify configuration parameters.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub (Azure Publisher, Azure Subscriber)
Target Hardware Platform
- Data Signing & Encryption along with user authentication & authorization
- SHA-256 Secure Hash Algorithm for data privacy & security
- Message Broker – SSL Security
Target Software Platform
- RAM: 2GB
- CORE: 2
- CPU Speed: 2.66 GHz
- Processor: Intel i5 or i7, 3rd generation and above (Or, any equivalent AMD processor)
Typical Performance & Benchmarking
- Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 2016 (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 2019 (32 and 64-bit)
- In an ideal industrial network setups, the uOPC PubSub Bridge can process up to 100,000 tags at a publish rate of 1 second on a system with 8GB RAM and Intel Core i7 processor.
- In real-plant scenarios, considering factors such as communication failures or network delays, a proven and tested tag count recommended is anywhere between 50,000 to 60,000 tags per second.
||Update Rate (Sec)
||RAM Utilization (MB)
Important Use Cases
- OT-IT Integration with Cloud/Enterprise-ready Data
- Gateway to Securely Traverse DMZ/Firewall
- Consolidated Access to OT Data Via Single-Point as A Protocol Bridge
- Complete Security During Data Transmission between OT Assets and IT Applications
Why Utthunga’s uOPC PubSub Bridge?
- Complies with the latest OPC-UA specification (Part-14 as per OPC-UA PubSub specification)
- One product to solve multiple connectivity and data accessibility use cases
- REST APIs ensures that the solution can be configured and deployed remotely without using a user-interface and travelling to manufacturing sites
- We offer flexible licensing models based on your need and preference. This includes individual seat license, site license, bulk license, OEM license, and much more.
- White-labelling, product customization and personalization option for OEMs, System Integrators & Resellers.
Utthunga is a part of the OPC-UA PubSub specification working group. We have first-hand information and access to key developments to the OPC-UA specification and were the first vendor to develop a prototype based on the released specification.
FREE TRIAL DOWNLOAD https://utthunga.com/uopc-pubsub-bridge-trial-version/