Javelin, is a true IIoT platform developed ground-up with the needs and requirements of the discrete/process industries in mind. A very robust and scalable platform, Javelin can connect field devices and other industrial assets to generate rich visualization and analytics. One size never fits all, and that is definitely true for the industrial community with varied types of industries, and passes, and regulations. Javelin enables comprehensive customizations to suit specific needs. Utthunga’s several years of domain knowledge enables it to partner with the end customers to plan for a deployment that ensures Rol.
Devices: Field devices, DCS, PLC, etc. are the source of actual field data. The ability to acquire data from these varied devices is the key and the most important first step. Javelin has integrated connectivity via specific communication protocols. Higher level protocols like OPC are also supported by Javelin. The connectivity could be TCP/Serial/Bluetooth, etc. An added advantage that Utthunga brings, based on years of work on field devices connectivity, is the ability to acquire data from dumb devices. Analog output form these devices can be converted to digital signals (via converters). Javelin offers connectivity to standard devices, dumb devices, as well as legacy devices (via custom driver development). So be it brownfield and greenfield installations, Javelin has a solution.
Javelin IIoT platform has in its bucket a host of connectivity hardware solutions: gateways, converters, embedded DAQ, etc. Be it the requirement to aggregate data from a host of networked field devices, or convert a protocol to another, or read analog data directly from sensors, Javelin ensure your field data is acquired and not left in the cold.
Javelin uses a rich set of web and mobile technologies to present the data in intelligent form. Data can be viewed from a standard web-browser on a PC, or on any mobile/tablet application. The raw data can be massaged (derived values, KPIs, etc.) in various ways before presentation. Standard reports and custom reports are possible. Utthunga engineers can create custom screens as required, or if the user wishes to do that himself, that’s possible as well.
What use is all the data if it cannot be converted into intelligent information? Javelin’s analytics engine reads streaming and historical data to provide predictive and prescriptive analytics. A set of core algorithms together with machine learning from the back bone of the analytics engine.
Integration means sharing the raw data or derived information/analytics with other software/hardware. Integration with other machines/devices enables the M2M communications. Integration with other systems enables the true interconnectivity. Together the true potential of IIoT is realized (this isn’t a trivial exercise and requires concerted efforts on all stakeholders right from operators to management). Integration is achieved by having a rich set of connectors (via APIs, communication protocols like MQTT, etc.) to external databases, enterprise systems, etc.
TIME TO MARKET
A platform is supposed to offer a set of functionality onto a single place/point to enable achieving an end. Javelin was pieced together with all the required components to offer a just that. The individual pieces to achieve the end goal, which could be view real-time production data, get alerts on an alarm, perform remote diagnostics, get hinted on when a particular motor might fail, view reports, etc., can be achieved via this single platform. End users need not separately bring together elements from different vendors (data acquisition, visualization, analytics, etc.), hence the time and effort to achieve the goal is significantly reduced.
The analytics engine is one of the most robust in the market, and surely standing away from all the crown and noise around analytics. The analytics isn’t built as a descendant to a BI engine, but with the nuances of the industrial processes in mind (the correlation between parameters, the effect of operating conditions, etc.). The predictive and the prescriptive insights of the engine have guaranteed RoI.
EASE OF CONFIGURATION
The user interface has been designed with the user in mind. A domain or technology expert need not necessarily configure or maintain the system. Given the ageing industrial workforce and the imminent threat of the loss of knowledgebase, the incoming operator or end-use might be a savvy computer user, but is likely to be an industry new-comer. The user interface is designed to be very contextual and easy to navigate. Further, the required support elements like connectivity software, edge devices, ability to create custom dashboards, configure the analytics engine, etc. that Javelin portfolio offers are a cohesive unit. All the various elements have been comprehensively tested to work in tandem like a well-oiled machine. The deployment efforts and headaches have been reduced as much as possible.
END TO END SUPPORT
Utthunga is a thought leader when it comes to IIoT. The various products and elements forming the building blocks of an IIoT solution have been built at Utthunga when the term IIoT wasn’t even coined. The point is, there is a deep knowledge base to consult, train, and deploy an IIoT solution like Javelin. Right from the start, when the problem definition is shared with Utthunga, a core team comprising technical and field knowledge works to complete the deployment cycle. Post deployment as well, a dedicated technical support team is available to guide on any issues.
We can sit across the table (or online) to understand your requirement and plan on creating the solution.
Yes, that is definitely one of the benefits of any IIoT platform. The visual dashboard provides a single uniform interface to fetch and present the data from any location.
Yes, it can. Data can be collected from any source (machine, assemble line devices, etc) and aggregated at a single point. Linkage between the data (a change in one machine triggers an action at some other machine, etc.) is possible in Javelin by default with a very comprehensive configuration utility.
Javelin is ideally suited to such use cases. We have the required components to realize this. Data from the remote machines can be acquired by local modules (Javelin components) and aggregated in the cloud (public/private), and then finally visualization via the dashboard screens. You are free to choose the data points to be collected from the remote machines. Customizations can be implemented by Utthunga.
When Javelin is hosted in a cloud infrastructure providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure it would mean public cloud. In the case when you have a physical PC (server grade) in your office and Javelin is installed on it, it serves as private cloud. In both cases the privacy of your data is maintained: access permission (user id/password) and data security (encryption).
Javelin supports Relational, NoSQL and Time Series databases. All the popular databases like Microsoft SQL, Oracel, SQLite, MongoDB, InfuxDB, etc, are supported.
We are a small industrial solution company and interested in the edge connectivity devices that Utthunga sells. However, we would like to customize the hardware little by adding some custom application (calculations on tags, and some custom logic for alerts). Is that possible? If yes, can you share information on the tool chain?
Yes, this is possible. Please write at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have a detailed discussion.
We have plenty of ready-made dashboard templates. Developing a new custom design is also possible, and it’s quick.
The popular providers like Microsoft Azure, AWS are supported.
Javeline supports connectivity to various types of hardware. In fact connectivity is a very strong element of Javeline. Please share the list of hardware desired to be integrated. Hardware for which Utthunga does not have a ready connectivity driver: we can either custom develop for you, or use existing solutions in the market to fasten time to market for you.
AMR – Substation Automation for a public sector Power Distribution Company
- To automate the process of data collection and billing in order to eliminate high labour cost and data entry errors
- Utthunga implemented its IIoT platform ― Javelin, to address the customer issues
- Deployed the components of Javelin:
- uConnect for data acquisition
- uViz for data visualization and analytics
- The meters at various geographical locations published the data to a central repository for storage and further integration with the billing system
- Instant alert facility in case of energy meter tampering, led to high profit for the utility
- Automated billing system reduced manual labour costs and losses due to human error
2. Voyage Fuel Consumption Monitoring for a Singapore based Marine Logistics company
- To have regular monitoring of critical parameters like GPS, Gyro sensor, Engine RPM and environmental conditions in order to track the total consumption of fuel in ship
- Utthunga customized uConnect to meet the customer requirements with below features:
- Temper proof Data Acquisition & Storage
- Fuel consumption logic based on data collected from different flow meters
- Secure data transmission via Restful web server
- In-device portal to access flow consumption in ship
- Audit Trails
- Complete fuel ledger with transparency in fuel stock
- Monitoring of ship movement and all critical parameters by the stakeholders
Energy Management Solution for a global pharmaceutical company
- To visualize the energy consumption of each asset for cost reduction and energy optimization.
- Utthunga implemented Javelin to collect data from the various assets (reactors, boilers, chillers, motors, pumps, etc.)
- The components of Javelin deployed:
- uGateway for data acquisition and aggregation
- uViz for visualization and analytics
- Acquired data from the drives using Modbus RTU and from the other assets using energy meters deployed by Utthunga
- All the energy data was aggregated onto the Javelin platform that was deployed on-premise
- Comprehensive energy consumption report of every asset made available for in-depth analysis
- Devices used power even in dormant state, which led to skyrocketing electricity costs. With the deployment of Javelin, such situations got under control and resulted in considerable energy savings.
Legacy Protocol Converter for Taiwan based solar power company
- To communicate with legacy inverter via proprietary protocol
- To convert proprietary protocol signal to Modbus signal and have own dashboard components to support the clients
- Utthunga developed a driver for customer’s proprietary protocol, we understood the protocol packets using sniffing tool and created the protocol frames. Thus, we converted the proprietary signal to a Modbus signal.
- In addition, we provided a web visualization dashboard and analytics solution.
- Only one time cost for deploying this solution
- Solution avoids customer to pay huge recursive cost
Smart Water Management Solution for public sector project in India
- To monitor inflow of the river with proper discharge curves as the storage at the reservoir and the discharge level at the spillways and sluice gates for the discharge require constant information to monitor the water
- To improve the safety of people and the assets
- Utthunga employed Javelin to collect data from the flow meter connected to Ultrasonic Flow Sensor and Level Sensor
- Deployed the components of Javelin:
- uConnect for data acquisition
- uViz for data visualization and analytics
- The data from sensor was fetched using Modbus RTU and communicated via MQTT protocol
- All the flow data was aggregated onto the Javelin platform that was deployed in AWS cloud
Remote Solar Field Monitoring and Control for one of the major energy companies in India
- To create a platform for Operational Intelligence, Device Management, Analytics, and Machine Learning from connected sensors, devices leveraging Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Remote access to the solar field performance data from small customers to large enterprise installations
- A platform independent connectivity solution (uRemote and uConnect) that manages raw equipment data, with EDGE analytics was provided by Utthunga
- It delivered only required information from appropriate resources through dynamic graphical dashboards
- Consolidated actionable data from assets in distributed locations
- Guaranteed integration to any system within a week
- Independent of any device and network, no lockdown so no dependency on partner performances
- Performance of solar fields in real-time was known; hence provided a cost-effective all day support
Remote Pollution Monitoring for a major manufacturing plant in India
- To remotely monitor and control pollution level
- Utthunga developed an environment monitoring solution to meet the pollution control board requirements with below features:
- Enterprise Application installation: On-site or Cloud-based
- Temper proof data acquisition and storage
- Multi-Site, Multi-Product Server including Instrument Read / Write function
- Data Security between Instrument and Server
- Analytics, Alerts and Mobility
- Audit Trails